Mental Health and Addictions
Our Course at a Glance…
July 14 – September 3, 2020
Tuesday and Thursday Evenings
49 Hours of Class
Course length: 8 weeks
first re·spond·er noun
1. someone designated or trained to respond to an emergency. “the lifeguards are trained as first responders”
Using a Community and Culturally Based approach and based on the strength of existing relationships, this class helps facilitate leaders in communities around the province. Saskatchewan is in crisis.
The Covid-19 crisis, Emergency level Suicide Rates, Addictions that are out of control and Missing Indigenous Women. People and communities need help. This class trains individuals within those communities to be First Responders during emergent crisis. Providing immediate support rather than having to rely on outside agencies will facilitate beginning the healing journey immediately Having these First Responders serving the community they live in means that ongoing support is already in place. This class delivers participants an overview of concerns surrounding these ongoing issues.
Using a strength -based approach, students will learn how to address and find solutions to these types of crisis using innovative and experiential methods. The program is inspired and influenced by the strength of the culture and Medicine Wheel concepts.
Why Choose McKay Career Training?
- Our programs are designed with one goal in mind: to get you career-ready so you can quickly begin to explore new and exciting job opportunities
- We have an above-average job placement rate and have over thirty-five years of experience in helping students transition from the classroom to the workplace
- We maintain a low teacher-to-student ratio so you can learn in a friendly and supportive environment
- Our classes follow a fixed schedule so you can get your education while keeping your life, family and job commitments
- Our experienced instructors provide the best in training and give you valuable insight into your new career
Your career starts here! Call us at (306) 955-1616, email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the convenient form to request more info on our Mental Health and Addictions First Responder course. Join McKay Career Training graduates now enjoying new careers across Saskatchewan!